Committee Minutes of January 4, 2008
ARC Professional Development Committee Meeting Minutes
January 4, 2008
Present: Debbie Bockus (WPI), Linda Oldach (MWCC), Lynne Riley (WPI), Peg Lesinski (AAS)
Linda reported that the ARC Executive Board has asked if we could put together a list of professional development opportunities to be placed on the ARC website. We could include links to ALA, ACRL, etc. The group will put together a list for submission to ARC.
There was a discussion on how to draw new members into the committee. Lynne suggested that perhaps each of us contact someone personally whom we feel might be interested and invite them to join.
Most of the discussion was on a spring program. We decided to send out a survey again with the following proposed questions:
The ARC Professional Development Committee would like to take this opportunity to thank you for participating in last year's survey regarding what topics interest you for upcoming programs. You gave us suggestions and we listened! Last year, we held a "Cool Tools" program where Camtasia, SnagIt and Second Life were demonstrated. We invite you to give us your thoughts again on a progam for this spring.
- What type of program would interest you most: presentation or hands-on workshop?
- Would you prefer a half day or a full day program?
- If a half day, what time of day is better: morning or afternoon?
- What day of the week is better for you?
- Do you have any suggested topics you would like to see covered?
- What Professional Development sites do you find useful?
- What is one tool that you find most useful in your library? You may assume everyone else uses it, too, but maybe not!
We discussed whether Linda Braun might be available to present again or have some ideas of "hot topics" for us. Perhaps : How libraries are using FaceBook, IGoogle, Libx.